Service Specialist - Building Automation Service - Las Vegas, NV
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 237802
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after normal business hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP (technical support programs) / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems-to-service turnover on assigned jobs
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on-site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching, and direction to end-users and field labor when applicable.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Electrical or mechanical experience that will allow the hired candidate to quickly learn our building automation systems.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience: experience with programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.