Manufacturing Manager - Recip Assembly/Test- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 237819
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
As the Manufacturing Manager you will oversee the Recip Compressor Assembly and Testing areas (Both High Speed and Process Reciprocating Compressors). This role would be responsible to determine the optimum processes, methods and procedures for the assembly and testing of the company’s products and service that will consistently represent D-R’s commitment to continuously improve our products and services to satisfy the performance, quality, reliability and safety expectations of our customers. Also has responsibility to plan capital expenditures for departments and to develop effective systems for work measurement and communication. Along with these responsibilities, this position is expected to work with clients and inspectors during run tests, and ensures that all documentation is completely and correctly filled out prior to releasing product from the dept.
- Budgetary expenses
- Administration of work rules
- Adherence to the labor contract
- Headcount planning
- Executing responsible areas to support the overall plant/company objective
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering related discipline.
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with rotating/reciprocating equipment.
- Experience working with labor agreements.
- Must be a team player and be comfortable working in a team environment.
- Must possess a high degree of analytical skills to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and contemporary problem solving techniques.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience.