Manufacturing Engineer (Combustion Hot Gas Parts ) - CLT
Business Unit: Large Gas Turbines, Generators
Requisition Number: 237856
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
This position is for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Charlotte Combustion Hot Gas Parts Manufacturing organization. The successful candidate will be working with a team of manufacturing, design and service engineers, as well as interfacing with shop floor personnel, to develop and create robust manufacturing processes to introduce new unit and repair products into the Charlotte factory.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and introduction of new unit and repair products into the Combustion area of the Charlotte Gas Turbine factory. Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with a team of manufacturing engineers in developing and qualifying robust processes in a production environment. The preferred candidate will have a strong technical ability in the area of CNC machine programming in the Siemens NX platform. Also, the position requires the candidate to have the ability to develop and document standard processes and instruct and train shop floor personnel on the safe use of the fixtures, tooling, and equipment. Knowledge of running the manufacturing equipment and capabilities is required, particularly during the process development phase.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of manufacturing experience
• CNC machine programming programs.
• Ability to optimize tooling and machining processes to meet manufacturing and product cost requirements.
• Ability to interpret complex drawings and specifications, including a solid understanding of GD&T.
• Attention to detail/multitasking.
• Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
• Record keeping of tests and changes for qualifications and approval process.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Knowledge and experience using Teamcenter and SAP
• Ni based alloy forming and fabrication (welding and brazing).
• Thermal barrier and wear coating applications.
• Non-destructive inspection techniques.
• Fixture design.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Project management.
• Root Cause and Preventive Action methods.
Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.