Portfolio Sales Professional-Totally Integrated Power-MD-NJ-PA-DE
Business Unit: Sales
Requisition Number: 237861
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin, United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville, United States-Delaware-Newark, United States-South Carolina-Greenville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens is looking for an experienced Account Manager focused on selling the Energy Management Portfolio of products to industrial contractors, engineering firms, and industrial end users in the East Region of its Totally Integrated Power (TIP) Sales Group. This individual will report to the East Region TIP Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have a strong background in power distribution equipment used in Industrial applications. Expertise with a high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage product portfolio such as switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, energy management and power automation solutions, as well as a solid working knowledge of how these integrate into one solution to promote a complete Siemens Sm@rt Gear package is required. The Account Manager will also be responsible to sell services that enhance the value proposition of the power systems.
This individual will also be responsible to deliver sales growth with an assigned account base and to develop and execute sales strategies for those assigned accounts in coordination with other Siemens sales teams in the territory. Prior success working within a matrix organization and across multiple departments to win large, complex power projects is a plus.
The candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within a customers’ organization including engineering, power and process control, and purchasing, as well as at all levels of a customer organization - operations, maintenance, plant management, and corporate executives.
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This is a quota based sales role in which the successful candidate will have a proven record of achieving specified business objectives and closing orders at key accounts.
- Leverages Siemens global reach to influence decisions on projects for delivery to the customer in the US, or purchased by the customer in the US.
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Will be responsible for forming account teams and coordinating team activities while maximizing sales and internal collaboration.
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plans based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Possesses a level of product knowledge that serves as a basis for guiding customer planning and budgeting on both product and electrical system sales.
- Focused on account strategies that assure continued customer loyalty.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers within customer organization.
- Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field.
- Proactively addresses potential problems and provides effective solutions in relation to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Collaboration and communication with other Siemens sales teams is a must, therefore a proven track record of working in a matrix management environment is required.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Requires strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Requires broad knowledge of Company products and proven experience in developing business plans and sales strategies that will influence customers towards a Siemens buying solution.
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Desire to grow and openness to new ideas within a vertical market focused approach.
- Proficiency with the required processes of the Siemens CRM tool to provide transparency of assigned customer data, project opportunities, and activities to all Siemens business units.
- BS/BA in electrical engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
- 5-10 years of industrial electrical solution selling experience is required. Experience with power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centers, power transformers, and energy automation is preferred.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Experience working with client at executive and operations levels is required.
- Electrical Engineering Background a plus.