Business Development Program Manager
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 237878
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Business Development Program Managers provide proactive sales steering & support to their assigned regional (international) sales organizations. They help their regions grow by providing additional value-added capability beyond that found in the local sales team itself. While they are members of the Headquarters (HQ) team, they act as an extension of their assigned regional sales organizations, and are deeply connected to their assigned regions from a relationship and target / incentive perspective. They share the same financial targets as their assigned regions. They report to the Global Head of Software Sales within the Digital Grid Business Unit global headquarters.
Portfolio includes a broad variety of software products & solutions across the energy value chain: including grid simulation/modeling/analysis, meter data management, grid control, and decentral energy resource management.
- Supporting their assigned regions in the development and execution of growth initiatives, sales strategies, account plans
- Identifying and spreading global best practices (for example: showing one region how another region solved a similar problem)
- Acting as the interface / single point of contact between their assigned region and HQ. For example
- Performing triage on requests / escalations raised by the region, and ensuring the appropriate response / support is provided
- Ensuring strategic alignment between region and HQ on sales priorities
- Catalyzing the launch / roll-out of new offerings
- Helping to grow the business in new markets and emerging regions where there is currently inadequate local sales coverage
- Supporting their assigned regions in the development of business cases for sales-related investment requests, including discount requests
- Acting as a stop-gap to ensure nothing gets unintentionally dropped from a sales execution perspective
- Provides Global Head of Software Sales with weekly updates on forecast and initiatives – providing a “single source of truth” regarding pipeline and forecast
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with their assigned regional sales leads
- Maintain transparency on the pipeline and forecast for their assigned regions
- Maintain understanding of the local market for their assigned regions
- Maintain understanding of the local organizational structure for their assigned regions
- Establish a “support and challenge” mindset with their assigned regions
- 6+ years experience as a sales executive / account manager / business developer
- Program management experience
- Experience in the power industry is a plus
* Up to 30% travel – mostly international – is expected.