Subsea Operations Manager
Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 237902
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Contributes to consequent implementation of Business Excellence strategy and approaches and/or advances top+ tools and methods as expert to continuously improve business performance for the Subsea group and the local site.
Provides managerial expertise to support the team, to ensure operational, safety and compliance business excellence.
Provides leadership and direction, in order to deploy the business strategic and operational objectives.
Supports the site team with strategy deployment as part of the overall business strategy.
It is expected that this role is 40% Operational: 40% Tactical: 20% Strategic.
Drives and supports Business Excellence activities to continuously improve business performance in the defined area of responsibility.
- Drives and supports analysis of strengths and weak points of current business, identifies improvement areas and supports coordinated target setting across functions.
- Drives and supports cross-functional implementation of Business Excellence approaches, e.g., according to top+ Toolbox methods and tools, and provides coaching and training in their application.
- Contributes to further development of methods and tools of the top+ Toolbox and related guidelines as a subject matter expert.
- Facilitates best practice sharing in his organizational unit and beyond.
- Provides transparency on status and progress and contributes to reporting and communication.
- Ensure that the portfolio of improvements identified equate to ≥5% of turnover on an annual basis
- Involvement & alignment of all improvement programs with the Subsea strategic business plan and roadmap.
- Capture, prioritise, process, monitor and report all business improvement initiatives in a professional and timely manner.
- Training and development of individual team members in order to ensure that they operate with maximum effect and performance.
- Training and development of the wider team in order to ensure that they adopt the principals of business excellence into daily operation.
- Champion the development and implementation of process management and harmonisation of all defined critical business processes.
- To champion Change Management in support of business commitment to business excellence.
- Foster and drive continuous improvement within the business utilising LEAN approaches and other business excellence initiatives.
- The designated top+ champion within the business providing the framework and process for the capture of productivity improvements.
- Support EFQM excellence model assessments and act as a champion to drive improvements across the business.
- Implementation and maintenance of Puma initiatives.
General Management Responsibilities
- Proactively manages & mentors the team to help deliver assigned objectives
Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines.
Direct, lead, motivate, pastoral care, train and develop the team in order to provide successful delivery of the Service business plans.
Ensure the appropriate recruitment, retention and development of the team.
Understand current & future internal stakeholder needs & expectations and ensure these expectations are fully met.
- Submit a monthly management report (KPI, High Lights & Low Lights) that accurately records the function’s performance against the defined set of measures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Minimum 6 years Oil & Gas experience
Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a relevant management position
3 years management experience in delivering change management.
3 years management experience in a manufacturing/technical discipline.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project execution and management of multi-disciplined project teams and third parties
- Demonstrable experience in meeting deadlines & working effectively under pressure
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant management position
- 5 years management experience in delivering change management.
- 5 years management experience in a manufacturing/technical discipline.
* Although the base location for this role is at the Houston office travel between other Subsea locations will be required on a periodic basis.