Engineering Tech 2 - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237946
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Engineering Tech, 2nd Shift
This is a second shift position (3:00pm-11:30pm)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Engineering Tech, 2nd Shift, you will be responsible for:
· Supports manufacturing environment with process implementation and technical troubleshooting of network, electrical, electro-mechanical and assay performance issues.
· Ability to interpret system level block diagrams and schematics and apply functional understanding of complex electromechanical instrumentation to resolve complex technical issues.
· Must be willing to work occasional weekend days as business needs require.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Identify manufacturing issues (design/process/component) and drive resolution by participating on cross-functional or project teams.
· Research and resolve electro-mechanical, production assembly and/or test issues in a timely manner.
· Define critical processes, develop assembly and test procedures, train production personnel, and verify effectiveness of process and training.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Associate's Degree Engineering required
· 3+ years’ experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Lean Manufacturing. (Six Sigma)
· Experience with new product introductions and/or product transfers.
· Experience with process FMEA
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.