Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 237966
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
One of the business units in the EM Division is Digital Grid, which brings to market solutions that over time, are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their Digital Grid visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
- Arranges and manages the travel for the team assigned, which includes managing the travel authorization process as well as researching and booking hotel, transportation, flights, and meeting requirements. Develop and communicate detailed itineraries and make necessary changes as required. This requirement may also include the coordination activity for appropriate passport or VISA requirements. Use of Siemens tools is required.
- Prepares and submits expense reports in an accurate and timely manner for the team assigned. Complete reconciliation of expense reports to Amex statements and communicate, track, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Coordinates meetings and schedules with other administrative assistants within Siemens and with our customers. Works with other management within various departments to ensure appropriate and accurate briefs, notes, and follow-up from meetings
- Prepares and completes purchase requisitions with the correct account assignments, cost centers, descriptions and prices.
- Issues invoices to internal and external customers as needed.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, and problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Spearheads special events and projects as required.
- Orders office supplies for team assigned.
- Advance PC proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Instant Messaging, and Social Media outlets
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position supporting a large number of customers in an administrative function.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize while taking direction from multiple different sources.
- Proactive in finding effective solutions for this role to manage tasks given and assist the team of managers in streamlining their clerical functions that assist in overall efficiencies.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong work ethic, and meticulous attention to details
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, flexibility and initiative in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Education:
- Bilinguial skills preferred – German or Spanish
- Create solid working relationships with other admin staff inside and outside Siemens.
- Some accounting background a plus