Global MOM Services Subject Matter Expert (SME) for integration
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 237970
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
He/she is expected to develop a deep understanding of the integration technologies, primarily Manufacturing Interoperability (MIO) and Active Integration.
An ability and background necessary to participate in the development (scope, use cases, and implementation) of the overall Closed Loop Manufacturing (CLM) solution across one or more related industries/domains. The scope of CLM involves the integration of MOM products, ERP and Teamcenter PLM.
An ability and background necessary to participate in the development (scope, use cases, and implementation) of the solutions required for integration:
Inter-Siemens MOM products
Siemens MOM products to other MOM systems
Siemens MOM products to shopfloor systems.
An ability and background necessary to lead in the creation of best practices around the design, extension and implementation of such solutions.
The role requires a passion for helping customer achieve realized value, a vision for improving Siemen’s position in the Manufacturing Operations marketplace, a desire to increase our market share in industries that we serve, and a drive for continuously improving the processes that we use to achieve successful implementations and the willingness to travel globally.
This role will report directly to the Global Practice Lead for MOM Services. This Practice sits within the Global Services organization and will work extensively with the Zone MOM Services Delivery teams.
- Overall responsibility – This role is a Global. In this role the resource will be involved in complex, strategic programs that span across Zones and will be critical in enabling capacity.
- Curate impactful IP that will enable Zones and Partners
- Act as “solution sponsor” to strategic projects to ensure successful solution delivery
- Support services selling in strategic pursuits with scoping and estimating expertise
- Bill time in strategic projects as a Principle Solution Architect
- Enable Services and Partners through training delivery, mentoring, support, etc.
- Required education and focus - Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Required technical experience (including number of years) – Minimum 3 years hands on experience integrating MOM products with ERP (primarily SAP) and shopfloor automation.
- Required industry experience (including number of years) – Minimum 5 years experience working with manufacturing-related industries
- Required work experience (including number of years) – Minimum 5 years experience implementing MOM solutions
- Required amount of travel with the position – Travel is international and is expected to be as much as 70% at times – averaging around 50%
- Required knowledge, skills, or expertise – Deep understanding of ISA-95, ERP integration, messaging technologies (e.g. broker, enterprise service bus, queuing). Solid understanding of the conversation that must occur between PLM, ERP, and MES to achieve the Digital Factory vision. Skilled with the architecture, configuration, and integration of MOM Solutions. Experience with creating and documenting best practices. Experience with querying SQL Server and Oracle databases. Strong customer and inter-personal skills, excellent English verbal and written communication abilities, the proven ability to gather and apply customer requirements, and the ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Preferred education and focus – Engineering Degree
- Preferred past experience – Hands on experience in Automotive, Electronics, Heavy Industry, or Consumer Products industries
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise – Experience with OPC UA, 3rd party message brokers (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus), and ERP systems.