Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 237974
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Warehouse Logistics Supervisor will lead 50 – 60 employees in the day to day activity of running the Warehouse and Inventory operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Coordinate all Warehouse/Logistics activities including: Cycle Counting, Shipping, Receiving, Traffic Management, Picking and Stocking.
· Ensure inventory accuracy through transactional accuracy and integrity in receiving, put away, and kitting activities.
· Monitor warehouse inventory and oversee cycle counting activities to ensure that all materials are properly verified and accurately reported.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of production material kits, as well as on time delivery of kits to production.
· Work proactively with Quality Management, Order Management, and Production to ensure internal customer needs are met.
· Meet warehouse operational targets by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
· Maintain department KPIs along with benchmarks and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
· Identify root causes and implement solutions to problems that influence inventory accuracy, kit accuracy and on time kit delivery.
· Ensure all employees are adequately trained and are competent to perform their assigned tasks.
· Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance.
· Conduct employee performance reviews and provide meaningful feedback for employee development.
· Drive lean and 5S principles and initiatives to eliminate waste, improve production efficiency and overall performance.
· Identify and implement improvements in overall workflow and standard work practices. Promote a safe environment and meet safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations.
· Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 7 years experience in related industry
· Minimum 5 years of management and knowledge of shipping/receiving, facilities, and transportation.
· Knowledge of cycle counting and familiarity with Warehouse Management systems.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and their application.
· Key user level MRP experience. JD Edwards and/or SAP are a plus.
· Expert in MS Excel, proficient in PowerPoint.
· Ability to lead and motivate contingent and permanent employees.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects.
· Ability to drive accountability and results.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to high quality work.
· Able to collaborate and work effectively with others, as well as independently.
· Ability to make sound business and production decisions when faced with a degree of ambiguity and complexity.
· Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, performance management, and disciplinary actions.