Director - Equity Finance
Business Unit: Energy Finance
Requisition Number: 237976
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
- Specific investment experience in renewable, fossil and transmission projects
- Understanding of the operation of US and Mexican electricity markets and ability to quickly understand new markets in other jurisdictions.
- Ability to independently manage external consultant workflows and investment specific due diligence process.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of power generation equipment and plant configurations is beneficial
- Demonstrated capability to quickly evaluate complex financial information and identify opportunities and risks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Willingness/ability to travel, including internationally, and on short notice.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, creativity and tenacity completing tasks
- Provide and support the deal lead through the investment negotiations, financial structuring, due diligence and internal approval process.
- Manage investment due diligence process and liaise with relevant project parties
- Evaluate viability of investment targets
- Ensure internal data repository for specific project
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- MBA or Advanced Finance and/or Accounting Certification desirable
- 10+ years’ equity investing/finance experience
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills desirable