Material Handler I
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 237993
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Process Industries and Drives
Greater reliability, safety, and efficiency – through innovative, integrated technology and expertise
As your trusted partner, the Process Industries and Drives Division can support you in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of your products, processes and plants. We can thus help you measurably increase your productivity and improve your time-to-market – with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. Around the world, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). We work in close partnership with you to develop sustainable solutions across the entire lifecycle – from design and engineering to modernization. We rely on standardized components wherever possible, complementing these with industry-specific solutions to meet customers’ specific needs in all industry segments. This enables us to guarantee the availability of your products, systems, and solutions over the long term. And with our strong focus on resource efficiency, we contribute to environmental sustainability in every application.
The process industry is one of the core businesses of Siemens. Countless applications, installed throughout a wide variety of industries, demonstrate our expertise. But even more important is the value we add for our customers, enabling them to increase their productivity in every part of the value chain. With our precise knowledge of the different market segments, we can help you respond faster and more specifically to new market requirements and developments, and thus strengthen your competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Under close supervision, the Material Handler I will be responsible for the movement of materials throughout the factory as required. Reports directly to the Materials/Logistics Supervisor.
The Material Handler I will be responsible to load, unload, transfer and assist with rigging of material on the manufacturing floor and on trucks with the use of pallet jacks, cranes or other equipment and make deliveries and pickups with company vehicle as required. Also responsible for:
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes organizing work area for orderliness at all times, including sweeping, dusting, mopping and operating floor scrubber as required to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic.
- Assist with audits of the area.
- Process basic non-inventory purchase order receipts.
- Inspecting for damage and compare inbound/outbound shipment to packing list and bill of lading to ascertain that quantities, destination and processing are correct.
- Identifying and assist in resolving discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Making deliveries and pickups with company vehicles.
- Assisting in clean up and breakdown of drives prior to shipment as necessary.
- Performing cycle counts as required.
- Guide and train new employees on Material Handling and Receiving process and procedures.
- Working overtime as required.
- Frequent lifting of 50 pounds is required.
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic math and problem solving skills.
- Previous material handling experience preferred, but not required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.