Process Simulation Engineer
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 238034
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Process Simulation Engineer will be responsible for providing simulation studies of centrifugal compressors, expanders or power turbines. Effectively communicate the results of these studies with both internal and external customers.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- B.S. degree in in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent five years of experience in the centrifugal compressor or related industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work in a team environment, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple projects/priorities
- Basic understanding of rotating equipment operation & performance characteristics
- Knowledge of rotating machinery and/or energy industry processes
- Familiarity with rotating equipment in the oil & natural gas industry
- Experience with sizing & selection theory of centrifugal compressors & experience in sizing valves
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Basic understanding of dynamic process simulation tools used in the Hydrocarbon Processing Industries. Applications include centrifugal compressor response to transient events including motor sizing for startup, ESD surge avoidance, sizing of anti-surge valves,
- Familiarity with system designs for process equipment selection & control strategy validation
- Able to effectively communicate results of these studies to both internal and external customers.
- Utilize simulation software to perform duties.
- Resolve design, modeling or client issues in a timely manner.
- Complete work accurately (the first time) and within the predetermined schedule.
- Assist Field Service Department in resolving process system related problems.