Project Manager - Enterprise Security - Major US City
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238040
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
*This position has no primary location. You will have the flexibility to work anywhere in the US, preferably near a Siemens office and an airport.*
You will be responsible for the successful implementation and results of business and IT projects utilizing the Siemens project methodology called PM@Siemens for internal projects. The will also be expected to provide overall project management with the objective of executing projects to meet the required standards of quality, ensuring business success and ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Supports development of project/program plan.
- Supports delivery of semi-complex project or program.
- Participates in project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, and opportunity and resource management activities).
- Participates in technical review of system design and documentation.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- May support sales activities and client relationship.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience or 3-5 years of Field Security installation or service experience.
- Excellent negotiation and verbal and written communication skills including presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly absorb new computer programs
- Self motivator – the ability to work in an environment without daily direct supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 15% travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
- Access Control, CCTV and Alarm intrusion experience with service and install.
- Technical knowledge of Software House card access systems, video
- Security project Management / hands on experience.
- IT experience in networking and remote troubleshooting.
- Capable of performing customer training, technical, or application based.