Postal, Parcel, and Airport LogisticsBusiness Unit:
Logistics and Airport SolutionsRequisition Number:
United States-Texas-IrvingAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
5%Division Description:Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.Job Description:
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC (SPPAL) is seeking candidates to be a part of our Engineering Leadership Program (Engineer) to learn our PPAL operation from the ground up. SPPAL is a worldwide leading partner for automation systems and software in the field of parcel and postal solutions and airport logistics. By providing an extensive portfolio from a single source, we meet all customers’ needs, from planning and engineering to integration and implementation. Our product portfolio is completed by comprehensive service offerings incl. integrated technical operation and maintenance services. We improve our customers’ business processes to strengthen their competitive positioning by providing custom-made solutions.
SPPAL’s Product and Solutions Development Engineering Leadership Program (ELP) accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing Operations, Engineering, Quality, Customer Service, and Supply Chain. This program will provide participants a fast-track way to learn SPPAL’s business and expand your knowledge. ELP is a 24-Month program consisting of four six-month rotations that allow graduates to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments. Energized college graduates who want to be a part of a fast-growing company will find that this program teaches them about business the only way you really can, from the ground up. Along the way, participants will learn critical business skills that will continuously improve their ability to be both a contributing team member and a team leader.
Upon completion of our program, participants will be assigned within our Product and Solution Development team. These assignments will factor in personal interest, program performance and current business needs.
To be considered for this program, participants must meet the following requirements:
• Hold a 4-year college degree in Engineering. Preferred Majors (BS or MS): Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering and Electrical Engineering; other aligned engineering degrees will be considered
• Minimum GPA: 3.3
• Be able to work a required flexible schedule (multiple shifts)
• Be based in DFW, TX or surrounding areas with flexibility to travel to support assignments
• Exposure to lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, or similar production practices is a plus
• Graduation Date: Candidates must graduate by the program start date, but no more than one year prior
• Working knowledge (read, write, speak) of other languages is a plus
• Self-starter, get up and go attitude
• Strong people management skills
• Process-focused and drive accountability
• Logical problem solver and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills and effective in presenting to all levels of management
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and the ability to work with a high work load with interruptions and deadlines in an open environment
• Must be a team player, service-oriented attitude to all levels of personnel
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.