Systems Package Designer- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 238045
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/powergeneration- services.html
Produce detail 3D models and manufacturing drawings of package design components, such as structural steel, pipework, tubing, and wiring.
- Using process and instrumentation diagrams and design guides, develop designs within 3D modeling software (CAD, etc.) for manufacturing.
- Utilize industry standards to ensure designs are followed.
- Take direction from a lead package drafter and the manager of drafting.
- Produce assembly and sub-assembly drawings and related bills of material.
- Produce fabrication and weldment drawings and bills of material.
- Produce machining drawings and bills of material.
- Produce piping layouts, general arrangements, and related bills of material.
- Determine size, views, sections, scale, and placement of dimensions to produce professional, clear and easy to understand manufacturing and customer drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in drafting
- 3+ years of experience with 3D modeling (CAD, NX, etc.)
- 8 years of manufacturing environment
- Familiar with mechanical and piping design concepts.
- Limited travel (5%)
- 5+ years experience preferred