Senior Service Specialist - Building Automation
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238047
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
- Performs wiring checkout and assists in automation systems start-ups utilizing commissioning tools.
- Coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various control systems.
- Completes adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- If improper operation is due to another component of the automations system not provided by contract, discusses problem with supervisor or customer and advises best course of action to rectify problem.
- Troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations.
- Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
- Participates in job-site final-walk on assigned jobs.
- Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes requirements of system involved; checks and test systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Delivers technical support to end-users and field labor when applicable. Handles emergency service calls as directed during regularly scheduled hours and after hours as needed
- Provide mentorship and developmental opportunities to junior Specialists.
- Ability to manage a team of System Specialist of all levels on job sites
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: 3+ years experience with the programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
- Required travel: 15%
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and MDT/CT.
Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
Bacnet protocol experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
and paid days off (holiday & personal time)
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development