Quality Support Specialist
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 238049
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
- Works independently to perform complex and critical inspection processes, requiring special set-ups of new or unique equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources.
- May conduct first article inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Prepares and approves inspection reports, charts, and records regarding quality measures, conformance status, and quantity of material processed.
- May lead root cause evaluations and corrective actions utilizing quality tools.
- Prepares charts and simple statistical analysis.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of three to five years of increasingly difficult inspection experience involving the application and working knowledge of sophisticated measuring equipment techniques, specification interpretation and quality control terminology
- Mathematics skills
- Familiarity with metric standards
- Ability to read gauges, scales, metrics, etc.
- Knowledge of ISO/QA procedures
- Blueprint and engineering drawings reading skills
- Knowledge of calibration and calibration techniques
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Knowledge of MRP system
- Knowledge of statistical QA control (attribute control charts)
- Documentation skills
- Knowledge of work order procedures
- Computer skills