Interaction Design Intern
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 238053
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Interaction Design Intern
The Usability Engineering group in Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound is responsible for developing user interface requirements, usability testing and generating FDA approval usability documentation for general imaging and cardiac ultrasound systems. The user interface
designer’s principal role is to advocate for the end user of the products.
Siemens Healthcare's Ultrasound business is seeking a highly motivated individual to help the Human Factors Engineering Group assist in defining interaction design requirements, develop user interface prototypes and designs, including screen layout and navigation, and participate in user research and contextual interviews.
The intern will work in a dynamic environment as part of the Human Factors Engineering Group. This will involve learning and applying the fundamentals user interface design, human-machine interaction and usability evaluation. Strong motivation to achieve excellent results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams and become productive is imperative.
· Currently enrolled in a university program or certification.
· Academic majors: Industrial Design, Interaction Design, or related discipline
· Technical skills: Must have experience in user-centered design.MS Office; Adobe Creative Suite (or comparable drawing program); knowledge of the software development cycle, prototyping tools.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
· work well in a team environment,
· strong technical writing skills,
· problem solving skills,
· attention to detail
· critical thinking is a must
· Learn basic ultrasound technology and clinical workflow,
· apply fundamentals of UI Design and usability to design of Ultrasound systems,
· evaluate the user experience of current products and identify improvement areas;
· learn graphic design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Blend, XAML, etc.;
· participate in defining a new user experience/visual metaphor for ultrasound workflow;
· contribute to the continual development of user interface design requirements; create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements,
· collaborate with cross-functional teams to present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a non-design audience.
Duration: 1 year