Manufacturing Helper - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 238062
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power_gas.html
To assist with Manufacturing activities as directed.
- Assist in Manufacturing activities such as assembly, instrumentation, piping, packaging, shipping, etc. as required.
- Obtain and deliver tools, materials and parts.
- Cut pipe, tubing, wiring to required length as directed.
- Clean surfaces, flanges, fittings, instrumentation parts, piping, etc. as required.
- Use cranes as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- Normal hours are 3:00pm to 11:00pm
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Prior experience in a heavy industrial setting
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.