Client Services Manager- (Projects)- Houston, TX
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 238089
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
The Client Service Project Manager is the first-line contact between a customer and/or sales account manager/field project manager. The position supports the customer service function by providing quotations and acting as a primary liaison for correspondence and communications with customers.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret customer maintenance and/or repair specifications to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Review contractual terms and conditions for service specifications.
- Support shop personnel in execution of activity described in recommendations.
- Liaison between client and shop regarding status, scope change, hold points, etc.
- Develop specific quotations for repair work scopes with associated detailed costs.
- Provide concise and descriptive work instructions to the shop floor.
Prepare and deliver project documentation and progress reports for internal and external customers.
- Support and maintain Lean implementation projects.
- Assist with and support the various safety projects and initiatives within the Service Center.
- Closely monitor ongoing job-costs, with focus on cost actual versus quote/estimate.
- Perform contract review including Terms & Conditions per policy.
- Prepare and issue shop instructions for inspection and repair scopes referencing all appropriate repair and factory technical specifications.
- Collaborate with technical specialists and QA manager to ensure that all jobs are completed within job specific or general quality guidelines and assurances.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience within manufacturing/shop environment
- Familiar with rotating and/or reciprocating equipment repairs ( steam turbines, centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, turbochargers, valves, dry gas seals)
- Strong communications at levels
- Experience with managing project life cycle and cost
- Must adapt to fast pace environment
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
- Experience working in an organization with a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Flexible to work extended hours during shutdown time frames which can include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong capability in project management.
- 3 or more year experience in quoting hrs. and resources for repair scopes
- Familiarity and experience with rotating equipment (steam turbine, gas turbine, turbochargers, reciprocating compressors, valves and dry gas seals) repairs.