Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 238104
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
- Work from bills of material and assembly drawings. Request material, check for shortages and note on bills of material. Stage for / or package materials for shipment. Procure or pull materials, equipment as scheduled or requisitioned, and transport to proper location.
- Prepare various forms such as bill of lading, packing list, custom declarations, tags, etc. for materials shipped.
- Check material shipped against contract list, etc. to make short list.
- Requisition, subject to authorization, and/or gather other materials to be shipped on contract.
- Weigh boxes, crates, packages, etc. Affix proper identification such as weight, method of shipment, and other identifying data on boxes, crates, packages, etc.
- Maintain records on shipments and shortages.
- Expedite manufactured or purchased parts for the shipping floor.
- Count inventory parts to be shipped and verify numbers as required.
- Contact freight forwarders and trucking firms to coordinate pickups.
- Work to meet Company production and shipping schedules.
- Transact shipments within shipping module.
- Build boxes, load trucks, and support crane operators as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.