Sr Manager - Manufacturing
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 238110
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Manager, Syva Formulation
This is a key position within the organization, and the ideal candidate for this position will typically have 8+ years of successful experience in Operations leadership. Medical diagnostics experience is a plus. Siemens is looking for an individual who has strong leadership skills and management experience. We are also looking for an individual with a sound technical background in areas related to biochemistry, chemistry, clinical chemistry, or biology. The person must be able to drive compliance and operate in a FDA regulated environment.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As the Sr. Manager for Syva Formulation, you will be responsible for:
Leading the Syva Formulation Team to manufacture and test Chemistry and Immunochemistry Reagents for Atellica, Syva, Advia, DM/VS, Immulite and OEM customers. You will also have responsibilities for two Formulation Labs and a Testing Lab.
- In this position you will be responsible for area operations, process flow, production scheduling and area capacity, productivity and lean initiatives and supply chain. You will monitor and manage operational efficiencies and drive organizational changes.
· You will drive lean manufacturing efforts, process improvements, regulatory compliance & quality improvement projects, cost reduction efforts, capacity planning, organizational development and supply chain initiatives.
· You will be responsible for creating annual budgets and managing financial performance. Key Financial elements include: fixed & variable costs, MUV, absorption, scrap, capital utilization, and area financial performance to increase product margin and deliver high quality, low cost products to our customers.
- You will operate within the Quality System and drive compliance with regulatory agencies (FDA, DEA, UL, TUV, ANVISA, ISO).
- You will provide technical leadership and develop area personnel.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have operations leadership experience with a technical background. You have understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- You have experience supervising multiple employees, typically several exempt-level employees and/or supervisors.
- You have operations manufacturing experience with a technical background.
- You have experience with direct reports and managing of personnel. Able to drive team and cross functional groups to gain alignment, resolve conflict and collaborate.
- You have strong leadership skills and ability to manage a dynamic work environment efficiently and make decisions with a focus on Quality and Supply Chain.
- You have strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- You have the ability to implement & drive standards and make changes
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree in areas related to biochemistry, chemistry, clinical chemistry, or biology.
· Typically 8+ years of successful experience in Operations. Medical diagnostics experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of FDA regulations and certifying agencies.
· DEA background clearance is required.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.