Group Lead/Manufacturing Tech
Business Unit: Turnkey Projects & Electrification
Requisition Number: 238117
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
- Duties include, but are not limited to, working from production blueprints, wiring diagrams, parts lists, wire lists, sketches, and verbal instructions to perform electro-mechanical production assembly operations.
- Builds electrical or mechanical sub-assemblies such as cable harnesses, electrical backplanes, or control circuits and mounts parts.
- Assembles & wires medium-sized DC switchgear as final product.
- Makes visual inspections and performs established quality checks as well as overseeing quality checks within Bay to ensure quality goals are met.
- Uses hand and power shop tools.
- Identifies and reports problems as needed to Engineering Lead or Manager while being able to perform tasks independently.
- May work on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Trains and instructs other employees.
- Provides guidance regarding trouble-shooting while performing assembly functions.
- Coordinates task assignments within the bay to maximize productivity.
- Reviews production schedule to ensure alignment with target completion dates. Voluntary overtime may be requested.
- Will need to lead a team of assemblers (three to five) comprising a bay to affect production goals, including time to build, quality goals, and identify issues that prevent efficient production.
- Meet regularly with manufacturing supervisor to provide updates on build progress.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school education, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, & electrical testing experience required
- Requires experience in a manufacturing or related environment (such as vehicle or small machine maintenance).
- Must be able to safely lift 30-40 pounds on a regular basis for brief periods.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, perform manual tasks with hands, talk, and hear.
- Basic computer proficiency required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Work experience in a 5S, LEAN or SAP environment is beneficial.