Senior Test Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 238125
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Test Engineer.
We are currently seeking a Senior Test Engineer to join MI/SPECT System Test Engineering team in Hoffman Estates, IL. Candidate chosen for this role will be involved in all phases of the product development lifecycle and will collaborate with cross-functional teams, with the focus on developing system requirements, acceptance criteria, test strategies, authoring and executing system test procedures. Reports on the quality, maturity, and functionality of the product/documentation content to the System Engineering/Test Lead within the Systems Engineering System Test (SEST) department.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Functional area ownership. Plan, coordinate, and track activities in that area of technical responsibility.
· Participate in concept definition development and design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws.
· Ensure testability of formal system requirements and leveling test specifications. Track updated requirements and modify test specifications accordingly throughout projects.
· Collaborate with engineering, service, and product management stakeholders/users in defining high quality system system test specifications, including test strategies.
· Develop and maintain both manual and automated Verification and Validation tests, ensure accuracy, relevance, and completeness of test specification.
· Execute manual/automated informal and formal Verification and Validation, provide thorough and timely feedback to development team on issues.
· Submit high-quality defects for all direct and incidental findings, support issue elaboration and investigation at Defect Handling Board when needed.
· Report expert assessment of quality within functional area.
· Participate in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
· Analyze customer feedback and support customer complaint investigations.
· Interact with internal stakeholders such as support representatives, developers, technical writers, product managers, project managers, and quality assurance colleagues.
· Mentor junior-level test engineers.
· Maintain prototypes in the lab in a manner as they would be used in a clinical environment, including troubleshooting issues and providing resolutions.
· Support software installation, configuration, and calibration of systems.
· Perform preventative maintenance and part replacements on SPECT/CT systems.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
Ability to multi-task and stay organized in dynamic environment
Experience with the medical device industry, FDA 21 CFR Design Control and the V-model a plus
Experience with TFS, Caliber, and HP ALM a plus
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal supervision
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or Nuclear Medicine Technology (or equivalent)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.