Field Service Engineer- Fort Collins
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 238132
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
Position requires application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Individual demonstrates clear technical expertise in the operation of mechanical systems related to natural gas transmissions facilities, specifically areas of compression and power generation. Working knowledge of internal combustion engines related to exhaust emissions and performance required. Performance of duties requires selection and application of standard techniques, procedures, and engineering criteria, along with the ability to work in multi-disciplinary activities. Strong verbal and communication skills will be required to effectively represent organization in field activities and conferences.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering information and technical expertise to customers and internal organization
- Interpret and evaluate mechanical systems design and associated operational characteristic
- Ability to perform detailed operational analysis of natural gas prime movers and compression equipment
- Routinely perform detailed field performance analysis of mechanical systems. Work will include optimization, troubleshooting, and developmental feasibility studies on mechanical systems
- Communicate with project teams for regular updates, reports, and customer project evaluations
- Working knowledge of measurement and monitoring instrumentation
- Ability to compile and analyze field operational and performance data
- Conduct technical training sessions for internal and external customers on varied mechanical systems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information into basic understanding, and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with a diversity of people at an individual and team level
- Experienced with natural gas transmission operations
- Experienced in construction/design codes and standards
- Experienced in measurement instrumentation and field data collection
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines performance and exhaust gas emissions theory
- Knowledge of auxiliary engine systems and troubleshooting
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technologies
- 5 years of related engineering experience with reciprocating equipment
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Required to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, utilize various equipment and tools, and move about the job site
- Extensive travel will be required for this position (~75%) within domestic and international
- Masters Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technologies