Assembler A - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 238143
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
This is a 2nd Shift Position.
Perform complex mechanical and minor electrical tasks to build 3 phase electric motors. Motors range in size of 200 HP thru 20000 HP. Motor size/weights are approximately 5000 lbs to 60000 lbs.
Build large electric motors from start to finish. Will prove manufacturability, ensure the best quality, and ensure safety requirements are attainable in the motor build process. Ensures accuracy and capability of complex procedures to support product build and modifications. The motor builder reports directly to Motor Assembly Supervisor. This position is in a collective bargaining Union and is a 2nd shift position. Must be willing to train on first shift until fully qualified.
- Perform housekeeping and 5S activities adhering to all OSHA and Siemens safety and work practice policies.
- Interpret drawings, specifications, work center and Manufacturing Methods.
- Measure and record dimensions using measuring equipment related to processes.
- Stamp or sign-off and date all labor packets (M.O.P.S.) operations performed.
- Follow appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Must meet all physical job requirements.
- Perform material handling, and other assigned tasks (hand truck, crane).
- Adhere to all safe work practices and plant rules of conduct.
- Adhere to all outlined section and operational processes and procedures.
- Notify supervisor of quality, process and/or safety issues and concerns.
- Assemble all types of horizontal motors
- Efficiently perform all necessary assembly operations such as: assemble rotor into stator without damaging stator coils, align bearing bushings to shaft and assemble thrust bearings properly, adjust endplay per engineering / manufacturing documentation.
- Make all necessary adjustments while assembling and after assembly makes sure all parts fit properly and run freely.
- Mount all enclosure assemblies and assemble motor per the outline provided.
- Interpret drawings, specifications and Manufacturing Methods.
- Make necessary mechanical and electrical connections.
- Ensure that electrical connections are not grounded and work properly.
- Perform light motor assembly operations such as wiring the auxiliary boxes, crimping leads, and build terminal boxes, etc.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject parts for material defect, cracks, etc.
- Perform bearing inspections.
- Repair or rework horizontal motors.
- Troubleshoot motors coming back from test
Job Family Responsibilities: Manufacturing
- High School Diploma
Knowledge and Experience:
- 1-4 Two years of mechanical back ground.
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing of large 3 phase electric motors or generators.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing of large 3 phase electric motors or generators. Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Read and Interpret Blueprints.
- 4-6 yrs of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of machine finishes and runout.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Experience with various types of measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers, thread gauges, etc.
- Experience with AC/DC generators, switch gear
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Direction of Others:
Key Working Relationships:
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.