Product Engineer 1
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 238159
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a product development role
• Work experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry preferred
• Proficiency with leading MCAD software tools is a must, SolidWorks strongly preferred
• Must demonstrate high proficiency in the design of injection molded components
• Ability to operate and communicate within a cross-functional team made up of both technical and non-technical members
• Experience with precision drive mechanisms, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, sensor technologies, electronics packaging.
1. Explore and refine concepts into technically feasible/practical solutions.
2. Develop manufacturable detailed designs of components, assemblies, and tooling using CAD modeling techniques.
3. Demonstrate the robustness of mechanical concepts through tolerance studies, technical assessments and feasibility studies.
4. Create, assemble and develop engineering prototypes from breadboard to production prototype models.
5. Design and carry out reliability evaluations on prototype assemblies
6. Work with vendors to obtain quotations for components, carrying out manufacturability assessments and providing feedback and guidance for injection mold tooling.
Participates in semi-complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Provides support in semi-complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Provides support in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of semi-complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Participates in communicating semi-complex technical and commercial issues. May participate in recommending semi-complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.