Software Engineer 2
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 238165
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Software Engineer.
Our DevOps team is looking for a software developer to define and implement solutions for our software deployment toolkit and continuous integration pipeline. The developer will be working to enable highly efficient product software development processes for multiple teams across the globe. Must demonstrate a passion for software development, be a self-starter and able to grasp complex concepts quickly.
We need your creativity and passion to help design and develop leading edge solutions to optimize product development and software deployment for a complex medical imaging system. Our goal is to deliver software to our customers with high quality and efficiency while reducing their downtime. We will be working with the latest tools and technology to advance our goals.
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Develop infrastructure to help software teams
continuously integrate their code using automated builds, packaging, and
• Perform complex code design, development, maintenance, enhancements, testing and implementation/installation of software.
• Develop tools for robust system configuration, audit and cybersecurity
• Demonstrates a solid grasp of professional skills and principles and demonstrates this by successful application of processes to complete assignments.
• Proactively identifies and resolves more complex problems by applying a high level of problem-solving skills that deal with both technical issues and available resource aspects of the task.
• Plans for optimizing group efficiency and improvement of internal processes
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• BS in a related field (e.g. Software Engineering,
Computer Science, etc.)
• Advanced working knowledge of C#, dotNet and object-oriented concepts. If not C#, then any other object-oriented language
• Good familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Python, Gradle, PHP, CMD/Batch)
• Experience with any modern SCM system, such as TFS, Git, SVN, etc.
• A passion for delivering optimal, quality solutions to the customer.
• A passion for software development. The ability to understand the need for automated unit tests and actually write them. Test Driven Development is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team
• Produce excellent results with minimal supervision
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.