Senior Staff Firmware Engineer, BLE - Sunnyvale, CA
Business Unit: Building Technologies (BT)
Requisition Number: 238177
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Enlighted, we’ve created the most intelligent IoT sensor platform for smart buildings. The Enlighted platform transforms a building infrastructure into a robust, always-on, always-computing, and end-to-end secure sensor platform. Enlighted powers some of the largest global technology, healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and industrial companies, including 11% of the Fortune 50 and 10% of the Fortune 500. Our platform is installed in over 130 million square feet of commercial real estate. With a rich set of data never previously available, we help our customers transform their businesses and workplaces by visualizing, analyzing, and providing insights with precise metrics around workflow, utilization, location, security, and energy. All of this is enabled through a platform that is so smart, it pays for itself through energy savings.
Enlighted is the leading intelligent IoT platform for buildings, and we are backed by some of the best VC’s in the industry including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
We have won numerous awards including: 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor, CIO Review’s 100 Most Promising Big Data Solutions of 2016, 2015 Cleantech Company of the Year, AT&T Outstanding Supplier Award 2014 and 2015, 2015 UK Rise Awards for Sustainability, and many more.
Would you like to Challenge the Status Quo?
At Enlighted, which is a Siemens company, you will architect, design, and develop firmware for our current and next generation products. Focus will be in the area of Bluetooth LE. Lead the architecture definition, design, and development Enlighted’s Bluetooth authentication and connection security standard. Lead the architecture and development of Bluetooth LE connectivity and local traffic transport into Enlighted’s radio subnet.
Your responsibilities include embedded firmware development for Enlighted’s sensor devices as well as Enlighted’s asset tags. Ownership of firmware will be from the product requirements phase thru mass production release and into resolving field issues.
This position is a member of the core firmware team that has ownership and responsibilities of all wireless technologies used in Enlighted products.
What we offer: You will have as part of your total rewards:
· Yearly performance-based bonus plans
· A matching company 401K
· Health, Life, Vision, and Dental plans
· Paid vacation and company Holidays
Responsibilities: What you will do
· Work closely with Product Management to identify key features and performance targets for Bluetooth LE connectivity and mesh designs.
· Define and develop Bluetooth LE firmware features for our sensor devices.
· Define the embedded firmware architecture and lead the development of firmware for our asset tag devices.
· Define and implement applications level authentication and security related features for Enlighted’s Bluetooth connectivity standards.
· Integrate and customize vendor provided wireless stacks to improve throughput and range performance.
· Work with Hardware engineering and Quality engineering groups to bring up and verify next generation sensor devices and asset tag designs.
Minimum Required Qualifications: What you must have.
· A minimum of 5 years of industry experience with Bluetooth LE
· Must demonstrate in depth knowledge of the Bluetooth LE protocol.
· Nordic Bluetooth LE SOC experience
· Working knowledge of RF coexistence mitigation solutions with Bluetooth LE and other 2.4G wireless.
· 10 years industry experience with real=time embedded firmware
· Experienced with device drivers and familiar with SPI, I2C.
· Power management experience is required and must have taken a battery operated device into production.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Qualifications: What we would like you to have.
· TI Bluetooth LE SOC experience is a plus.
· Bluetooth 5.0 experience is a plus.
· Must have experience with RTOS. FreeRTOS familiarity is highly desirable.
· Experience with mobile applications development with Bluetooth LE connectivity and features is a plus.
· Experience with WiFi is a plus.
· Experience with 802.15.4 is a plus.
· BSEE/CS and MS preferred.
Next Steps: If you meet the Required Qualifications a Siemens Recruiter will reach out to you for a phone interview.