Manufacturing Tech 3 - Metrology
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 238178
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Job Posting Structure
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Manufacturing Tech 3 - Metrology
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Manufacturing Tech 3 - Metrology, you will be responsible for daily operations of the Flanders, NJ Metrology Department, specifically:
· Organize and assist in maintaining an in-house metrology lab.
· Consult with all departments in respect to Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment needs, availability, requirements, specifications, intended use, etc.
· Perform calibrations, inspections, or maintenance, as required on Inspection Measurement, and Test Equipment.
· Manage the Metrology database, water systems and environmental monitoring.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Apply measurement science to develop and assist in maintaining the Flanders Metrology systems, procedures, and methods for test equipment (IMTE) based on accuracy and precision requirements.
· Maintain calibration laboratory and quality systems standards.
· Understand and execute all existing local and global Calibration and Preventive Maintenance procedures including use of the site Metrology tool - Simco, CERDAAC.
· Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes.
· Recommend calibration standards and IMTE.
· Improve lead time, quality and cost of the product by eliminating waste in the value stream.
· Engage production and other department personnel in all phases of improvement work.
· Process and maintain accurate calibration related documentation for confirmation of compliance during quality audits.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Associates degree or Certificate from Trade School
· Ability to comprehend semi-complex electro-mechanical technologies
· 4+ years of experience in an electro-mechanical trade
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
· Lean manufacturing knowledge/skills
· Experience with Calibration tracking software
· Computer literacy in Microsoft applications
· SAP experience
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.