Electrical & Controls Designer- Houston
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 238186
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power_gas.html
Design and develop 2D AutoCAD Electrical/ 3D Inventor drawings for Electrical and Control Systems engineering department. The designer shall be responsible for the quality of the documents created. The documents created shall be in-line with department processes and product requirements. The scope includes general arrangements, panel layouts and assemblies, one-line diagrams and control schematics. Creation of bill of materials with part numbers on assembly drawings is also required.
Designer must be familiar with Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and shall work well with others. Autodesk Inventor software experiences a plus. The designer should have thorough understanding of standard electrical symbols and drafting practices.
This position will be reporting to Electrical & Controls Engineering Manager.
- Designs and develops documents using the designer tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, E3 or COMOS, that are required for packaging Gas turbines and compressors based on contract engineering requirements.
- Participates in semi-complex drawings to suit engineering changes and processes engineering change requests.
- Supports the creation of complex design layouts and detail drawings.
- Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on drawings.
- Participates in design and development of product design as applicable to designer work scope.
- Ensures that all drawings comply with industry, departmental and discipline standards
- Supports production during assembly of the products
- Supports Technology & Innovation team to create standards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Associates degree/ Technical Certification or a College Diploma in Drafting.
- 6+ years Electrical and Controls drafting experience
- 5+ years of experience with drafting tools such AutoCAD/ AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor
- 5+ years of experience in developing controls and electrical assemblies (Control Panels, Junction Boxes), 3D Models and creating Bills of Materials
- 5+ years of experience creating control schematics, I/O Layouts,
- 3+ years of experience with various electrical codes (NEC /IEC) and hazardous environment standards those are applicable to designing of controls and electrical assemblies.
- Able to work well both as individual contributor and as a team member
- Able to take instructions and deliver quality documents that meet the requirements
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Experience with designer tools such as E3, NX and COMOS is a plus.
-Experience with Gas Turbines, Compressors and generators.