Field Service Technician- Fire Service- Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 238191
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
- Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
- Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
- Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
- Performs minor repairs as directed.
- Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Demonstrable ability to be successful in this role based on formal training in or experience with electro-mechanical systems.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
- REG 4 Certifications Highly desired
- Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems
- Experience in field service
- Joint Commission fluency.
- NICET II certification in fire alarm systems
- Working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs.
- Working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.