Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software is seeking a Manager of User Experience, responsible for institutionalizing UX across our portfolio of products. This role requires a strong understanding of user experience best practices and hands on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to advocate the value of UX at every level in the organization. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries and with customers from diverse industries to rapidly develop world-class enterprise software.
Your challenge will be to take large, powerful and complex applications and transform them into the simple, intuitive and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, while preserving their sophisticated capabilities. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards.
The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about designing products that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn.
As Manager of User Experience you will own the execution of the UX vision and strategy for PLM products. Evangelizing, coaching and mentoring the organization as to UX best practices will be an integral part of what you do as we continue to evolve our UX practice. You will work closely with Executive Management to build simple and engaging products as well as provide thought leadership on scaling the UX organization to the next level of maturity.
Success will be creating and maintaining best-in-class user experience across our products, especially in complex domains of PLM
• Lead, mentor and guide a group of talented UX practioners to meet their full potential
• Evolve, strengthen, and evangelize a world class UX culture
• Bring the voice of the customer and user centered design processes into the software development
• Work with executive management to play a strategic role in the UX investments made release to release
• Definecustomer centric UX/UI measurement criteria and test to ensure we increase customer
satisfaction with every release
• Continue to pioneer adoption of UX maturity to level 5 ‘institutionalization’ and build a top notch
enterprise UX team
• Collaborate and partner with Product Development to understand the vision of the products we build and ensure UX is highly integrated into the features and capabilities that are enabled
• Be a change agent along with the UX team to make good on the promise of high UX quality across our product offerings
• At least 10 years of experience understanding and building world class experiences for the users of your product.
• Experience with complex Enterprise software products a plus
• Degree in human computer interaction, human factors engineering, computer science, design, interaction design, library sciences or other related discipline required
• Ability to switch easily between different projects, and flexibility to handle rapid change while delivering quality results
• Comfortable speaking to all levels of an organization and customers
• Strong team leadership skills, with the ability to build out UX teams from generalists to specialists
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
• Skilled at finding agreement among groups of strong-willed individuals and ability to influence others outside your direct reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel
• Experience with Lean and/or Agile development approaches
• Industry domain expertise in at least one discipline relevant to the Teamcenter Product Line, especially Structure management and BOM
• Experience as an end user of PLM software applications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,