Field Mechanic - Beaumont
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 238273
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required, to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manufacturing drawings, shop sketches and equipment repair manuals and procedures.
- Personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general field use.
- Proficient use of common PMI's (mic's, gauges, and etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years related reciprocating mechanical experience.
- Working knowledge of Dresser Rand and or non-nameplate reciprocating compressors.
- Good reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- A valid Texas drivers license.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.