Battery Modeler Student Intern (STS, SH)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 238309
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Battery Modeler Student Internship
Location: Lebanon, NH
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in battery modeling. You will get the opportunity to:
· Work as part of a team of developers and subject matter experts to support the implementation, validation and/or verification of lithium-ion battery simulations using Siemens Battery Design Studio and/or STAR-CCM+ Battery Simulation Module
· Develop and validate battery models based on scientific literature and experimental data.
· Expand existing modeling capabilities by providing numerical formulations to expand existing features
· Update and expand the BDS database of battery material properties based on the scientific literature.
· Provide detailed feedback and suggestions for software improvements based on usage experience.
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a undergraduate or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or Chemistry
· Experience in lithium-ion battery simulation
· Familiarity with battery modeling software
· Ability to work independently as part of a distributed team
· Strong communication skills