Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 238320
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
The Siemens PLM Software ESMC business unit team takes pride in delivering customers leading edge manufacturing, planning, quality and laboratory management systems through a Professional Services team that is unparalleled in the industry. Siemens PLM Software is seeking candidates with Formulation and Food & Beverage industry experience in process design, controls, interfacing, and/or quality to enhance ESMC business unit team as a Solution Architect.
In line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
• Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales and Services project teams providing guidance through the complexity of solution options while leveraging key experiences in Formulation and Food & Beverage space.
• Act as trusted advisor to the customer on the long-term roadmap for the use of SIMATIC IT R&D Suite.
• Consult on highly complex projects/assignments of diverse scope that require industry expertise in Specification & Formula Management.
• Work under self-management within project and/ or task constraints and determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
• Lead projects adopting the organization’s Project Delivery Methodology
• Where required, act as project technical work stream lead for specific project work streams on large programs/projects requiring a full time specialist resource, and support project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring.
• Support complex projects on dedicated product-related expert topics.
• Actively participate in the Zone Community of Practice for SIMATIC IT R&D Suite knowledge, primarily within the Consumer Products & Retail area, promoting adoption within the Zone and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learned are shared across country/organization boundaries.
• Leverage relevant best practices and templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area across the Zone, and significantly contribute to the definition and maintenance of best practices and curate templates in own area of specialism, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Residents of large metropolitan areas will be considered
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Formulation and Food & Beverage industry area with emphasis on business processes for Specification Management and Formula Management with an understanding of related systems such as PLM, ERP and MES
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices regarding product lifecycle management
• At least 3 years of experience in pre-sales, consulting or as a customer stakeholder in software deployment projects in the Formulation and Spec management process area
• Bachelor of Science degree is required to be considered for this position
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Programs
• Fluent in English with communication skills displaying diplomacy, tact, and the ability to influence
• Working knowledge of the SIMATIC IT R&D Suite product line is a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.