Pre-sales Marketing Specialist-GA
Business Unit: Control Products
Requisition Number: 238322
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
This position functions as pre-sales marketing and technical support to meet business unit growth targets by providing semi-complex product support for field-based Product Consultants, focusing on competitive cross reference and new solutions for prospective customers. This role reports into the Training Manager of the CRM department of the Control Products business unit within Smart Infrastructure.
Individual will work extensively with competitive documentation to cross competitive BOMs to Siemens products and solutions using a common ASSIST tool to track cases. Will support the development and maintenance of customer facing tools, such as cross references, catalogs, configurators, selection microsites and interactive demos. They will also support Product Management in the creation and implementation of databases for product data attributes, photos and collateral.
• Field questions from assigned regional Product Consultants
• Provide product selection support for controls solutions
• Research obsolete product applications to apply current devices
• Support safety related applications
• Compile datasheets for comparative reviews
Position requires a high attention to detail to differentiate between products and accurately map databases to product specs and support tools.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Engineering or Technical School degree or equivalent experience demonstrating ability to quickly comprehend and communicate technical concepts.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting industrial and/or construction products and markets.
• In depth knowledge of Siemens Controls and Circuit Protection products
• Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Access or other database tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to provide clear and concise information to both internal partners and external customers
• Position requires 10% travel to support promotional events and new customer conversions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience