J1 International Intern
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 238336
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Medical Imaging Technology team of Siemens Healthcare Technology Center has an internship opening in Princeton, NJ, with a focus on medical image analysis and artificial intelligence for medical image visualization and image-guided therapy. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research into advanced Siemens products. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate, and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. We are located ten minutes from the Princeton University campus, one hour from New York City and Philadelphia.
1. Help contribute to research projects that develop advanced medical image analysis and AI for medical image visualization and image-guided therapy
2. Help advance state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
3. Develop and apply medical imaging algorithms to large-scale, real-world problems
4. Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of innovative technology components
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
1. Current graduate students in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines for research interns Undergraduate (junior or senior) students will be also considered for software engineering interns.
2. Strong theoretical and practical background in at least one of the following fields: image visualization, image processing, applied mathematics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
3. Hands on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++. Knowledge of systems for software version control (SVN, Git) and software build (CMake) is a plus.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
6. Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
7. Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
1. Current graduate students in Computer Science or Biomedical engineering
2. Strong knowledge in medical imaging for image-guided therapy, with proven hands on experience, in particular in image/volume rendering, multi-modality image fusion, sensor tracking, real time image analytics
3. Knowledge of medical images (ultrasound, MRI, CT, x-ray)
4. Hands-on with C++ and python, with knowledge of GIT version control system