Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238339
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastucture is currently searching for an experienced (Senior) Field Service Technician HVAC Controls Service Specialist to support our Smart Infrastucture group located in the Atlanta, Norcross, GA Branch. The Service Specialist is responsible for completing service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems as directed following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Executes technical support program tasks as scheduled.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Will be required to cover after hours ON-CALL
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related experience and education (HS Diploma
requirement) will also be considered.
• 3-5 years engineer/service experience is desired, however candidates with less experience (at least 1-2 years required) will also be considered. Siemens background is a plus
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization
in the United States.
*Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver's license, and meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.