Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Business Unit: Export Control and Customs
Requisition Number: 238343
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
The Siemens U.S. Customs Governance Controlling team supports Siemens businesses with customs related matters to include IT systems/tools/solutions, reporting, document retention, auditing and value/NAFTA reconciliation.
This position reports to the manager of U.S. Customs Governance Controlling.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implements standards of US Import Compliance per Siemens Internal Control Program requirements.
- Subject matter expertise on US Customs valuation and NAFTA reconciliation to include execution of the reconciliation process.
- Subject matter expertise on US Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other US Preferential Trade Programs.
- Ensure Company’s compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export and trade agreement activities as it relates to his/her area of responsibility.
- Develop, implement and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in his/her area of responsibility.
- Responsibilities may include the implementation of Customs related processes within the Business ERP system(s).
- Identifies, develops and executes Customs solutions using the Global Trade Management (GTM) tool.
- Work closely and respond, as appropriate, to questions from business/internal stakeholders regarding trade compliance matters.
- Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
- Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus.
- Subject matter expertise on customs valuation and reconciliation requirements
- Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
- Proficient in utilizing excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
- Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills.
The successful candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS.
- Ability to understand and apply customs valuation guidelines
- Ability to understand and apply various US Free Trade Agreement rules of origin