Demand & Cost Planning Analyst- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 238356
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
As a Demand Planning Analyst, you will be performing cost estimating functions for equipment manufactured and sold based on customer and or marketing specifications. In addition, you will exercise judgment in making model selections and adaptations for alternatives. Self-motivation to find efficient and effective ways to accomplish end goals is required. This role will also produce project schedules in conjunction with the cost estimate.
- Review marketing cost requests, interpret scope and build estimates using in-house templates.
- Calculate a complete and accurate cost of components and assemblies including engineering, weld, machine, assembly and test hours.
- Develop, create and monitor model selections of configurations. Update the data and maintain templates with current costs.
- Work directly with Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing departments to obtain their feedback for building the estimate and updating existing cost models.
- Audit and analyze actual costs with estimated costs to determine if variances exist. Initiate corrective action on any discrepancies.
- Create and update MS Project schedules templates to be used by the client facing organization
- Develop and issue target costs for booked orders.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Finance/Accounting.
- 5 years of experience within a production or manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years of experience in Field Cost Estimating/Accounting
- Strong written and communication skills, self motivated critical thinker
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Excel reporting experience including formulas and macros.
- Create, present and provide business solutions through efficient financial reports with management.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Knowledge using SAP or Oracle platform data analytics.
- Oracle, Sales Force, etc.
- MS Project (or similar) scheduling software
- Familiarity with Citrix and CPC