Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 238363
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The EHS Professional is responsible for leading safety, health, and environmental compliance (OSHA, EPA, TCEQ) in an individual contributor role. You will work closely with Sr. Management across the facility and its operations as well as the leading the development, implementation and coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. This position has a direct impact on Business Unit performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and management methods. The candidate must also possess the ability/ skills to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
You will serve as a resource to the employees at the location and provide tools to management to maintain a high level of environmental compliance performance, and the safety compliance performance of employees, visitors, and contractors.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
· Coordinating directly with Plant Management and Corporate EHS
· Measuring performance of facilities’ compliance within the business to established standards
· Occupational health management; including injury reduction, trending, etc.
· Demonstrating operational knowledge of facilities
· Proactively contribute to continuous improvement efforts
· Lead cross functional teams related to EHS targets and objectives
· Facilitate EHS training and communications across the organization
· Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements
· Staying current with existing and new regulations for state and federal RCRA, OSHA, CWA, Industrial Pretreatment Program, SWP3, SPCC, CAA
· Establishing internal audit guidelines for plant and facility
· Assessing new or existing environmental regulations and determining applicability to the facility
· Developing environmental related compliance tools and training programs such as hazardous/universal waste management
· Performing industrial hygiene surveys, ergonomic evaluations, air monitoring, noise sampling
· Tracking environmental related Federal, State, and Local regulatory changes impacting the business, both from a facility and customer relations standpoint: then communicate those findings to management.
· Interfacing with agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required: coordinating business response and/or comments to regulatory changes
· Participating in audit activities (internal and external) including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
· Ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards. Supporting compliance for ISO 9001
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Experience with environment, health and safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with MS-Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who is willing to travel 10% of the time and likes to work in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Minimal travel required, 10%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certifications in related field
- Experience with ISO14001, ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001
- Experience with manual mechanical and electrical assembly processes
- Experience implementing or working with behavioral based safety programs
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.