Commodity Management Specialist 5
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 238375
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The successful candidate must have deep knowledge in strategic sourcing, category management, supplier management along with an understanding of negotiation and contracting as it pertains to R&D for medical equipment and Indirect Material. Must be able to influence decision makers at all levels of management and must have excellent presentation skills. This person is expected to lead complex projects to their completion.
· Develop and execute supplier strategies for the assigned commodities, continuously improve and enhance supply cost and efficiency at both domestic and global level.
· Continually identify & implement short- and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality/service
· Evaluate market conditions, market demand versus supplier pricing and terms, identify, qualify and on-board new suppliers to diversify Supplier Portfolio.
· Perform data management, data analysis on global market demand, domestic market demand, global supply trend, local supply trend, index pricing, contract, terms, logistics, etc. using SAP, ERP, identify area of cost saving, risk mitigation, improvement on efficiency and implement improvement plan on the supply operations.
- Ensures implementation and development of Siemens strategy, initiatives and regulations according to superior strategy.
- Delivers results by implementing measures to ensure most value for Siemens within the own responsibility for a Purchasing Volume
· Negotiate pricing, contracts and terms with both new and existing suppliers, ensure quality compliance with Global Headquarter.
· Maintain a strategic relationship with suppliers, develop KPI and scorecard, ensure suppliers’ performance meet local and global KPI.
· Conduct supplier quality audit and other supplier audits on a regular basis, develop improvement plan and document audit result.
· Travel domestically and internationally to local suppliers, global suppliers and Global HQ as needed.
· Minimum of 8 years contract negotiating experience required.
· Ability to manage and execute projects timely, efficiently and cost effectively required.
· Candidate should have strong leadership skills and be able to define and resolve critical issues.
· Must be a self-starter and able collaborate with all levels of management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree
· Strong knowledge in Supplier Management, Supplier Sourcing & On-boarding, Supplier Quality Management.
· Proficient in SAP, ERP, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and people skills.
· Experience implementing best-in-class strategic sourcing processes
· Understanding of legal and commercial laws and procurement tactics