Sr. Fire Alarm Systems Design Engineer - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238401
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Smart Infrastructure's fire alarm systems business is growing rapidly and we have an opening for a Senior Fire Alarm Systems Engineer in Canton, MA. The Fire Alarm Systems Design Engineer reviews and interprets project documents to provide complete code-compliant designs inclusive of device layouts, detailed drawings, calculations and illustrations. We are looking for a team player who has a passion for the fire alarm business and is serious about delivering great results for customers.
- Collaborate in a Team environment with a positive and helpful attitude
- Design fire alarm systems for commercial, governmental, and industrial applications.
- Act as resource, providing technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
- Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants and project personnel.
- Design code-compliant, contract-compliant and cost-effective systems while reviewing scopes of work, specifications, plans and legal contracts
- Provides technically accurate, complete construction documents to the client that adheres to all code requirements, company specifications and the engineering standards of practice.
* Associates in a technical field is a minimum required, however we prefer a Bachelor’s Degree
* Must have at least five years’ experience with fire alarm system design
* NICET II certification required; higher NICET certification preferred
* Must be familiar with NFPA 72, Life Safety 101 and IBC
* A complete understanding of the technical aspects of fire alarm design to include high-rise design, smoke control experience, systems product knowledge and special hazards required
* Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required, REVIT experience a plus
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
• Extensive sales and product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!