Field Service Engineer
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 238417
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
The ST Commissioning field service engineer is an RNA position reporting to the FTS3 ST Services Manager in the Siemens PS PG RNA Field Technology Services group. This is a non-exempt direct contributor position responsible for providing field service and technical services for the HE & KN steam turbine-generators and their associated auxiliary systems. Services will include commissioning, fact finding, trouble shooting, valve stroking and timing, and periodic support of new unit installations.
- Responsible for ensuring that working conditions are always safe.
- Will communicate with Siemens business units and customers to determine requirements and provide support and information to our customers.
- Required to travel frequently to both US based and International customer sites to investigate customer problems.
- Will conduct failure investigations and monitor customer complaints and concerns to ensure the customer receives a satisfactory solution.
- Have flexibility to work overtime based on workload and have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment with the ability to lead the team.
- Will be familiar with mechanical installation and commissioning activity as part of a team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar field required.
- 7-10 Years minimum as a system mechanical and/or commissioning engineer on HE & KN steam turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to write detailed technical reports for engineering analysis and review.
- Willingness to travel to customer site with little to no advance notice.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead a crew of mechanics.
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to fluently speak, write, and read in English.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Current passport for international travel.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Previous field experience in the Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries is preferred
- Client facing skills are a valuable plus.
- Existing contacts within the Siemens ST Engineering organizations is beneficial.
- Basic knowledge T3K control system
- Basic knowledge ST operations
- Advanced knowledge, mechanical installation and commissioning of HE & KN steam turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems
- Existing contacts within the Siemens CT Engineering organizations is beneficial.
- Basic knowledge CT operations
- Advanced knowledge, mechanical installation and commissioning of F, H & V combustion turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems