Business Unit: Research in Digitalization and Automation
Requisition Number: 238442
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Design and implement deep learning algorithms for computer vision applications (e.g. images and texts).
- Apply state of the art software engineering principles to develop software applications that demonstrate advanced research results.
- Contribute to research projects that develop a variety of algorithms and systems in machine learning, multimedia analysis, and natural language processing.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Apply image and video analysis techniques such as deep learning to large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of multimedia analysis product components.
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with +5 years of professional experience, or a PhD with +3 years of professional experience
Experience in Software engineering with ability to develop and demonstrate Tools, Prototypes, Applications/services and libraries in computer vision domain.
Good understanding of data structure and algorithms, design and architecture patters.
Proficient with C++, Python, Java scripting, .net(optional)
Basic understanding of image processing and computer vision algorithms.
Hands one experience with toolkits like OpenCV, VTK, boost, Qt, Docker, Angular, UML.
Familiarity using deep learning tools like Caffee, PyTorch, Tensorflow etc. (working knowledge of deep learning networks and architecture is necessary)
Experience working with Windows and Linux environments.
Familiarity with cloud technologies and version control system like GIT with continuous integration.
Familiarity in salable cross platform Rich client and Server side applications, services
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#