Quality Engineer -Non Destructive Ultrasonic Testing
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 238445
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
The Quality professional performs non-destructive / ultrasonic testing of locomotive components in accordance with applicable specifications and procedures ensuring Siemens compliance. In this role the successful individual will direct report to the site lead being part of the Ivy City Technical team and have prior experience with non-destructive testing. The successful candidate will also receive Siemens training to properly perform specific ultrasonic calibrations, conduct specific testing and be able to record results. The focus will be axle UT testing but will be subject to other duties such as Technical advising and coverage of locomotive shop as needed. This individual will need to have the capability of communicating at all levels of personnel.
• Performs ultrasonic & non-destructive testing of components.
• Follows all applicable and required specifications and procedures, insuring accuracy and compliance to test requirements.
• Insures that the test equipment and instruments are functioning properly and in calibration prior to performing any tests. Informs the Management whenever any equipment is found to be out of calibration or in need of repair.
• Documents test results, consulting with the Engineering & Quality Management as necessary.
• Monitors ever changing scheduled completion dates and times to ensure that established schedules are met. The Management must be notified sufficiently in advance whenever the schedule for a job might not be met.
• Assists with maintaining test equipment. This includes cleaning the equipment, performing preventive maintenance as scheduled, and performing repair maintenance as required.
• Operate and assist in calibration of Ultrasonic test machines
• Communicate test results to engineering, management and clients.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Able to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and overtime
• Able to work in an environment subject to fluctuations in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
• Able to work independently or in team environment
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced reading, writing, and math skills
• Maintains assigned work area(s) in a clean, organized, and safe condition always.
• Seeks clarification when specifications or directions are unclear.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Follows safety rules and regulations and utilizes personal protective equipment, as required.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed.
• Excellent English skills, written and verbal
• Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/ Word/Access/ PowerPoint) products
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Non-destructive testing Level II
• Ultrasonic Testing Level I or II
This position requires prolonged standing and walking. The employee will be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry objects.