Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 238447
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're passionate about power grid equipment and customer satisfaction, we have a place for you.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for key customer projects
- Prepare drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
- Ability to generate a system one line diagram, and decide on a technology offering that provides the best value solution to the Customer
- Ability to develop a project execution plan and cost the plan per the Customer RFP documents
- Ability to identify project risk and associated liability and understand how to mitigate the risk and liability
- Ability to present project solutions to Customers and assist with Customer specification development
- Able to work within teams and product groups, internal and external
- Support project turnover activities to the project execution team
- Assist in developing new bid strategies, and market assessment tools
- Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible.
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in a technical role; which may include inside system design, electrical design, commissioning, or electrical installation
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for LV and MV distribution equipment; switchgear, breakers, conductors, power transformers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with handling large engineering submittal packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics; AutoCAD experience a plus
- Strong work ethic and committed to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Consistent track record of creative thinking and process improvement.