National Account Manager - Online Retail Accounts
Business Unit: Construction Sales
Requisition Number: 238506
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The National Account Manager of Hardware and Online Retail Accounts will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for new and existing markets across the US. The retail accounts include, but are not limited to, stores operations, online channel, Pro-customers quotations, and agent management. The individual shall exceed expectations in sales penetration, customer satisfaction agency sales management. Travel expected between 25 -40% across the US.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
· Develop an area account plan that identifies and prioritizes opportunities to drive market share and revenue growth in retail point of sales.
· Manage field representatives across major territories to monitor and improve sales performance.
· Manage the digital and/or online channel in order to grow Siemens presence and sales online
· Drive online sales by supporting agents in promos, SKU clean up and data maintenance.
· Develop and execute proper forecast and demand planning in order to enhance operational efficiencies.
· Work with channel marketing and product management to develop product road map for account base.
· Individual is expected to meet or exceed a sales quota.
· Create best practices for merchandising and “Show” support.
· Monthly reporting expected on account performance
· Create best practices for shelf-space utilization of Siemens product.
· Utilize a disciplined sales process to include target account planning, and project quotation support.
· Build long term relationships with key stakeholders at customer accounts
· Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels
· Utilize knowledge of competitive strategies and processes to develop a unique value proposition and position Siemens as the vendor of choice.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS (Engineering, Business, Marketing- other fields will be considered).
- Previous experience with retail merchandising a preference.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing of (industrial/construction) products preferred.
- Previous experience with electrical circuit protection products a plus.
- Shows good analytical skills and is organized with work.
- Proficient with working large amounts of data and presenting into meaningful actions/results.
- Responsive to calls and/or email.
- Good functionality with excel is a must and other Microsoft tools.
- Track record of establishing strong customer relationships.
- Ability to work independently, working with direct and matrixed resources to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Ability to travel 25-40%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and thrive in non-supervised environment. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Must be a good listener and seek good input from others, yet be decisive and timely in decision-making. The ideal candidates must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the
future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development .